Mosman Readers is an online community facilitated by Mosman Library Service.
Community standards and participation guidelines
Mosman Readers welcomes contributions that stimulate discussions on books and reading. We expect all participants to treat each other with respect and courtesy.
Below are the guidelines which we expect all participants to Mosman Readers to abide by. These guidelines apply to any content contributed in any format.
- Your contribution may be edited or removed if the Mosman Readers considers the content to be:
- not related to books and reading
- defamatory or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, privacy or contempt
- abusive or offensive, including obscenity, blasphemy and racial vilification
- of nuisance value, inappropriate, off topic or vexatious
- seeking to endorse commercial products or activities or to solicit business
- You may be held to be legally responsible for the content you submit to Mosman Readers
- Children’s contributions must be supervised by adults
- All material published on Mosman Readers is at Mosman Library Service’s sole discretion and will be removed if it is perceived by Mosman Library Service as breaching the community guidelines as stated above.
Registration and Login Names
Mosman Readers may refuse registration of members whose suggested login names are considered inappropriate. Grounds for refusal may include:
- offensive content
- defamatory content
- copyright infringement
- brand names or registered trademarks
- company or organisation names
- names of high-profile or public figures
- names promoting political, religious, social or economic issues
Mosman Library Service reserves the right to refuse suggested login names at its sole discretion.